Friday, August 13, 2010

Reflection

1. Read at least two other students' Icons projects. Then, cite and explain one specific example of extremely high quality work. Link to this, copy and paste the text, show the image... whatever is necessary to show this great work. Then, explain what makes it so great.

The miniature looking guitar was long, dark brown, chubby at the bottom, black nylon strings, and cheep tuners. It was exactly what I was looking for. Well not exactly cheep tuners but I can live with it. -Jasmine Campos

It was really decriptive and made you visualize what was going on. So instead of just putting it the miniature guitar was a ukulele she described it and made it detailed.

2. Explain what aspect of yours is the most outstanding. why does this aspect stand out to you?

I sat in the living room with my mom, dad, and sister I put the DVR to play House. In this episode Dr. House and his team are thinking of a diagnosis of a man with a giant swollen tongue. –Marcos Ramirez

It takes the reader in and puts a setting. The reader will now know where I am and will have an easier time to imagine it.

3. If you had one more draft or one more day to work, what would you do? Why?

I would add more details, because I think I could still improve in someplaces to get the reader more involved and not be guessing.

4. State the importance of the Icons project in one sentence!

To find your place in a world of icons and know what you can accomplish.

Book Review

1. Read at least two other students' Book Reviews. Then, cite and explain one specific example of extremely high quality work. Link to this or copy and paste the text... whatever is necessary to show this great work. Then, explain what makes it so great.

The Things They Carried" was a very fabulous book, but might be very confusing. –Jared

It starts off being honest with his opinion and shows the reader what he thinks about it. If they didn't want a confusing book they would now choose another one.

2. Explain what aspect of your book review is the most outstanding. why does this aspect stand out to you?

Piggy is a short kid with asthma, has glasses, and always talks about his aunt back home. –Marcos Ramirez

I describe the characters so the readers know what im talking about and wont be like; Who's piggy?

3. If you had one more draft or one more day to work, what would you do? Why?

I would of added more details about the book and explained the plot more in detail. That way the reader will have a better understanding on my opinion of the book and why I thought like that

4. State the importance of the Icons project in one sentence!

The importance of the book review was to share out our knowledge of the book to the world and to slowly improve in it.

In General...

1. What did you discover about your writing during summer school?

I dicovered I can add a lot of details to get the reader involved and use to many –ing verbs which start to get boring really quickly which takes emotion of of my writing.

2. What goals do you have for your writing in the future?

Goals I have are to add way more details and hold back my -ing verbs and use the Writing Tips to improve my writing.

Please post this before 12:00 pm on August 13, 2010. Each question is worth up to three (3) points!

No comments:

Post a Comment